What is Acupressure?
- Developed in Asia over 5,000 years ago, Acupressure is an ancient healing art that uses the fingers and hands to apply pressure to key healing points along the energy meridians, or pathways.
- These energetic points exist within the 12 meridians of the body and have specific purposes for healing and diagnosis, as well as to stimulate the body’s natural self-curative abilities.
- Each meridian is associated with and named after a particular organ within the body.
- Acupuncture & Acupressure use the same pressure points and meridians, but Acupuncture employs needles, while Acupressure uses gentle to firm finger and hand pressure.
What are the benefits of this therapy?
When these acupressure points are stimulated, they nourish and enhance the body’s life force energy to aid in healing in a number of the following ways:
- Increased Energy
- Release of muscular tension
- Promotes circulation of blood
- Increased Mental Clarity and overall vitality
- Improvement in Physical Stamina
- Boosts the immune system
- Develops deeper spiritual connection
- Detoxifies the body for greater health and beauty
- Fortifies the sexual reproductive system
- Can be used for self-treatment and preventative health care
What symptoms can be alleviated?
Acupressure Therapy is effective in the relief, reduction and alleviation of many stress-related ailments.
- Chronic Stress
- Headaches & Migraines
- Sinus dysfunction
- Digestive Issues
- Persistent pain
- Muscular tension
- High Blood Pressure
- Mental agitation
- Anxiety, Depression, Manic disorders
- Recurrent illness
- + Many more!